Advocis Protective Association (APA)
The goal of the Advocis Protective Association (APA) is to make sure financial advisors get comprehensive and sustainable insurance coverage from our partners at stable prices. The APA program is one of the largest E&O insurance programs available to financial advisors. The program is managed by Willis Canada Inc., one of the world’s largest global insurance and risk management consulting firms. Their dedicated staff provides superior service and professional advice to program member participants.
The Institute for Advanced Financial Education
The Institute is the leading designation body in Canada for financial services practitioners in the areas of Advanced Estate and Wealth Transfer, as well as Living Benefits. It provides a platform of standards and advanced knowledge through designation programs and accreditation services. There are over 5,000 designation holders in good standing across Canada.
GAMA International Canada is a not-for-profit professional association that exists exclusively for leaders in the distribution of financial services.
GAMA International’s mission:
- Offer world-class education and training resources to members
- Provide opportunities for members to build relationships with peer professionals
- Recognize members for achieving standards of excellence in distribution management
- Promote growth through industry leadership opportunities
Conference for Advanced Life Underwriting(CALU)
CALU represents Advocis Members through its activities and consultations concerning:
- Critical Illness Insurance and Long Term Care
- Review of the Exempt Test
- The Deductibility of Interest and Other Expenses
- Tax-Assisted Savings Plans
- Capital Accumulation Plans
- The Taxation of Commission Income
- Charitable Donations of Life Insurance
- Privacy Legislation and Financial Services
- Health and Welfare Trusts
- Valuation, Transfer and Distribution of Life Insurance
- Fiscal Policy and Federal Budget Roundtables