Advocis Broker Services (ABS)
Advocis Broker Services Inc was established to serve the needs of financial institutions, financial advisors, and financial planners in Canada. Our team is dedicated to understanding your business. Our affiliation with Advocis, The Financial Advisors Association of Canada, provides us with the necessary insight to the financial services industry.
The Institute for Advanced Financial Education
The Institute is the leading designation body in Canada for financial services practitioners in the areas of Advanced Estate and Wealth Transfer, as well as Living Benefits. It provides a platform of standards and advanced knowledge through designation programs and accreditation services. There are over 5,000 designation holders in good standing across Canada.
GAMA International Canada is a not-for-profit professional association that exists exclusively for leaders in the distribution of financial services.
GAMA International’s mission:
- Offer world-class education and training resources to members
- Provide opportunities for members to build relationships with peer professionals
- Recognize members for achieving standards of excellence in distribution management
- Promote growth through industry leadership opportunities
Conference for Advanced Life Underwriting (CALU)
CALU represents Advocis Members through its activities and consultations concerning:
- Critical Illness Insurance and Long Term Care
- Review of the Exempt Test
- The Deductibility of Interest and Other Expenses
- Tax-Assisted Savings Plans
- Capital Accumulation Plans
- The Taxation of Commission Income
- Charitable Donations of Life Insurance
- Privacy Legislation and Financial Services
- Health and Welfare Trusts
- Fiscal Policy and Federal Budget Roundtables