As a member-driven organization, Advocis engages its members on government advocacy initiatives. To best represent our members and their clients, Advocis deals with politicians proactively, to improve the competitiveness and ensure the continued growth and prosperity of financial advisors.
PAC goals are the timely and ongoing delivery of:
- Coordinated advocacy support on a number of priority regulatory and policy issues
- Consistent positioning and messaging to politicians on the particular province’s main issues
- An overall balanced lobbying effort driven by Advocis members and key Regulatory Affairs and Government Relations staff
As a member-driven organization, we must engage Advocis members on government advocacy initiatives. Proactively working with politicians is crucial to improving the competitiveness of financial advisors and ensuring the regulatory environment doesn't hinder our members' growth and prosperity. Our ongoing grassroots approach to developing lasting relationships between members and elected officials is done through our Provincial Advocacy Committees.
Staffed by Advocis volunteer members, each PAC is a provincial body committed to engaging politicians in the best interests of advisors and planners and their clients.
As your provincial agent of change, your PAC’s role is to:
- Coordinate with Advocis staff in the creation, support and implementation of major advocacy initiatives, chiefly through direct interaction with provincial politicians
- Identify provincial legislative and regulatory actions that may affect consumers and the business and practices of Advocis members within the province