Canadian Association of Gift Planners (CAGP)
Advocis is proud to partner with the Canadian Association of Gift Planners to bring advisors discounted access to the highly engaging Gift Planning Fundamentals for Professional Advisors: Empowering Client Philanthropy course, currently delivered online over two days, with in-person training resuming in 2022, assuming COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
We know that advisors who can effectively help clients engage in effective and fulfilling philanthropy, while incorporating the benefits of giving into their financial and estate plan, will gain deeper client relationships and a competitive marketplace advantage.
Attending the Empowering Client Philanthropy course will give you:
- Strategies to help you engage more deeply with existing clients and add value to them as a philanthropic advisor;
- Tips to grow your book of business and connect with new clients through the philanthropic conversation;
- A better understanding of new trends in client philanthropy (e.g., advised funds, crowdfunding, social impact movements) as well as how to engage with charity sector centres of influence in your community.
Founded by award-winning financial educator and best-selling tax author Evelyn Jacks in 2003, Knowledge Bureau™ is a widely respected financial education institute and publisher, which provides world-class continuing professional development to advisors in the tax, bookkeeping and financial services. It has welcomed tens of thousands of students to its virtual campus to earn new credentials and enhance career opportunities in specialized fields including personal and corporate tax, bookkeeping, investment, retirement, estate and succession planning. Knowledge Bureau also provides customized learning solutions for large and small enterprises and associations.
Advocis is proud to align with Knowledge Bureau to bring advisors the MFA-P™ Philanthropy Designation Program. This 3-course online program will provide advisors with the qualifications to discuss a strategic approach to philanthropy. Graduates will guide conversations between multiple stakeholders to the strategic philanthropy plan - the client, the charity, accountants, legal, insurance and investment advisors – towards client objectives.
The MFA-P™ will also be in an opportune position to have deeper conversations about disability and estate planning, while engaging multiple generations in the family in the philanthropic plan.
GAMA International Canada
GAMA International Canada is a not-for-profit professional association that exists exclusively for leaders in the distribution of financial services. By providing members with vital professional development resources for building the distribution of financial products and services, as well as valuable networking opportunities, membership in GAMA International Canada will help to ensure your continued success.
Advocis is excited to partner with STEP Canada to present:
- The STEP Canada Diploma program in Trusts & Estates to its members.
- A fee waiver from the exemption application fee for the Trust & Estate planning course (course 4) for CLU designation holders that have obtained the credential within the last 5 years and are members in good standing with Advocis. The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) is the leading international organization for trust and estates professionals, and a preeminent provider of trust and estate education and professional development. The organization is the primary educator of Canadian trust and estate professionals.
Register a STEP account here to enroll.
Please contact CE@advocis.ca should you have questions regarding Law of Trusts and the registration process or waiving the exemption fee for Trust & Estate Planning.
Certified Executor Advisor (CEA®) Designation
Advocis is proud to partner with the Canadian Institute of Certified Executor Advisors (CICEA) to bring advisors the CEA® designation program, the first and only executor-facing designation in Canada. The CEA program trains advisors to engage with executors to ensure effective estate settlements.For more information about the CEA, please visit cicea.ca
The Canadian Securities Institute
The Canadian Securities Institute to offer continuing education and custom training for financial services to its members at a discounted rate (10%).
The Canadian Securities Institute (CSI) is Canada’s leading provider of financial services education and credentials. CSI has been Canada’s premier provider of professional qualifications and compliance solutions for almost 50 years, helping more than 700,000 financial professionals reach their career goals. CSI offers a comprehensive suite of over 170 courses and credentials ranging from the well-known Canadian Securities Course (CSC®) to the Personal Financial Planner (PFP)® and Chartered Strategic Wealth Professional (CSWP)™ designations. Valued for its expertise in Canada, CSI also partners with organizations worldwide to provide financial services consulting and training. For more information, please visit csi.ca.