Advocis is proud to partner with the Canadian Association of Gift Planners to bring advisors discounted access to the highly engaging Gift Planning Fundamentals for Professional Advisors: Empowering Client Philanthropy course, currently delivered online over two days, with in-person training resuming in 2021, assuming COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
We know that advisors who can effectively help clients engage in effective and fulfilling philanthropy, while incorporating the benefits of giving into their financial and estate plan, will gain deeper client relationships and a competitive marketplace advantage.
Attending the Empowering Client Philanthropy course will give you:
- Strategies to help you engage more deeply with existing clients and add value to them as a philanthropic advisor;
- Tips to grow your book of business and connect with new clients through the philanthropic conversation;
- A better understanding of new trends in client philanthropy (e.g., advised funds, crowdfunding, social impact movements) as well as how to engage with charity sector centres of influence in your community.
CAGP Empowering Client Philanthropy Course
Format: Live interactive online learning over two half-days
CE Credits: 6.5 Institute credits
Additional Credit: 6.5 hours of MFA-P recertification
Advocis Member Price: $425
- Two half-days of interactive learning
- All the course materials and resources
- Unique networking opportunities with other professional advisors
- Interactive case study discussions
- 6.5 Institute credits
- 6.5 hours of MFA-P recertification
Currently being delivered online due to COVID-19, over two half-day sessions. In 2021 and beyond, will be offered as an in-person one-day session.
Who Should Enrol?
This course is ideal for professionals who work in:
- Financial Planning
- Personal and Corporate Tax
- Family Offices
What Will Advisors Learn?
Advisors have been at the heart of CAGP curriculum since our founding over 25 years ago. This course, developed in collaboration with both advisors and charitable gift planners is the bridge to building your business through philanthropy.
Our format is highly interactive; with live discussions and case studies with small groups of peers.
This course, offered over two half-days will provide three key benefits:
- Application to your business:
- What are the tangible benefits to your business and suite of planning offerings?
- What are the key value add points to have with clients of all ages and stages?
- We will discuss the proven strategies of “the philanthropic conversation”
- Who are the centers of influence among your advisor peers?
- How do you engage and understand your local charitable landscape?
- What are the best strategies for raising your profile as a philanthropic advisor? (including a detailed outline of the new designation, the Master Financial Advisor in Philanthropy)
- What are the technical charitable details around gifts of assets? Like life insurance, in-kind securities, bequests, flow-through shares and donor advised funds?
- What are the inclusion points of these vehicles in common planning discussions?
- Best practices from your own professional communities (CPA, CBA, Advocis etc.)